Sunday, March 31, 2013

Counting My Blessings


This week we celebrated the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for every lash of a whip He endured, every terrible word spoken to Him and His decision to die, to give me salvation. I am so undeserving of His mercy, grace and forgiveness. 

Has anyone died for you? Endured excruciating pain to give you a better, more abundant life? I didn't think so. I saw a quote on Instagram that said, "Silly rabbit, Easter is about Jesus." That little quote speaks such truth when it comes to the real meaning of Easter (We use the term Resurrection Sunday)

As I've watched The Passion of The Christ, I cry when I catch a glimpse (I usually cover my eyes) of those soldiers whipping "Jesus." I cry when I imagine how He must have felt to be spat at, have his beard ripped from His face and to be nailed to a cross. I know that what must have pained Him most was seeing a broken generation, lost in their sins and transgressions.When Jesus died, it may have seemed like all hope was lost. But it wasn't. He resurrected from the dead! HE IS RISEN! As a bonus, God even sent us someone who will always be with us. 

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--
John 14:16

Jesus' death gave us hope, restoration and healing. 

He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.
1 Peter 2:24

Jesus' death also guarantees us another promise. He will return for those who are His.

I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
1 John 14:3

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen. I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:7

I am thankful for the abundant life Jesus' death gives me. I am thankful for the Holy Spirit.  I am thankful for the forgiveness I have. I am thankful for access to the throne of grace. 

1 comment:

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...