Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Review: The Choice




"Sometimes, she realized, the very thing we think is a problem turns out in the end to be God's protection."

"The Choice" by Suzanne Woods Fisher is the intriguing story of a young Amish girl. Carrie Weaver is struggling with life and her faith. When three unexpected deaths break her heart and rock her world, Carrie is left to figure things out for herself. Through all of Carrie's struggles, she learns to really trust God.

"The Choice" was the first Amish story that I have read. I was surprised at the interesting tales based on Plain folk.

Carrie's journey is full of tragedy, hope and love. Though there is quite a bit of romance, this book is clean and appropriate. I appreciated the cleanliness of the book because there aren't many wholesome novels worth reading.

My mother and I enjoyed the suspense and "curve-balls" Suzanne threw our way. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, 13+, who is looking for a great Christian read.

Will a mysterious stranger fix all of Carrie's problems? Will Carrie ever find love... again?

If you'd like to purchase this book, it can be found on the sites of the following retailers: Amazon and CBD. If you have an electronic device, you could also receive the book for free from Amazon Kindle.

Have you ever read "The Choice"? If so, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

photo courtesy of Google Images

2 comments:

  1. It sounds great! I'll ask my mom if I can read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nani this book sounds so good. I am excited to start reading it. Autumn if you would like the book for free just check out the my book review tab and at the bottom of the Vigilantes Bride I have a link where you can get it for free as a an e book.

    ReplyDelete

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...