Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Simple Truths

My daily devotions with God in the morning and throughout the day are precious to me. I read the scriptures, and through them, understand deeper revelations. I pray, and through that, I speak with my very Best Friend. 

I recently read Psalm 19. I was amazed at the simple truths I had uncovered.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 

Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun. It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is deprived of its warmth."
(Psalm 19:1-6)

Have you ever seen a sunrise? Have you ever seen a sunset? Have you ever seen rain? Have you ever heard thunder? Your response is probably, "YES." Have you really observed and listened? God's creation praises him. We tend to take every day occurrences for granted. God is so merciful in allowing the scales of common expectation to fall from our eyes. Then, we are able to see...


Isn’t this beautiful? Don’t these photographs illustrate God’s goodness? Do our lives illustrate God’s goodness? Do our lives paint pictures such as these?

We are told,

“You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody.” 
(1 Corinthians 3:2) 

The world can read us. It sees whether we praise or complain. To give our unsaved neighbors and classmates our good testimony, we must praise God. Through praising God, we show our gratitude to Him.

If a tree, with lifted limbs, swaying back and forth as the wind blows can praise God, I can too. If a cow, before she goes to sleep kneels daily, then I too, can kneel and thank God for the day He blessed me with. If a bird, with it’s sweet tweets can sing, I too, can sing to my King. Praise God! Praising God isn’t only limited to the Sunday service. We must praise everyday.

The Bible also encourages us to praise God. Take a look.

“For it is written,” As I live, says the LORD, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall give PRAISE to God ... “
(Romans 14:11)

“Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name ...
(Hebrews 13:15) 

Praise Him today for you are fearfully and wonderfully made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...