Friday, September 14, 2012

Who He Is

The prophets said He was the Promised One (Isaiah 9:6)
The angel said He was the Son of God (Luke 1:26-38)
The wise men said He was the King of the Jews (Matthew 2:1-12)

Peter said He was the Christ (Mark 8:27-29)
John the Baptist said He was the Lamb of God (John 1:28-31 and Matthew 3:1-6)
The Samaritans said He was the Savior of the World (John 4:1-42)

God the Father said He was His Beloved Son (Mark 1:9-11)
John the Disciple said He was The Word (John 1:1)
He said He is our Friend (John 15:12-15)

Can you guess who I'm talking about? Yes, I'm talking about Jesus! All throughout Scripture, we read of Jesus and who He is to us, what He can do through us and what He is preparing for us. We read of the miracles He preformed for others and through those miracles, our faith can grow. We read of the way He fought off temptations and through His example, we can learn to do the same. Jesus is the ultimate teacher. His life here on earth has left a blueprint for us. We must follow his example of selflessness, compassion and love. 

Jesus has done for me things that I could have never done for myself. He died for me, giving me eternal life. He called me to Himself, offering me the gift of of His precious blood that secured my salvation. He has loved me through all of my disobedience's (delayed obedience is disobedience) then forgave me each and every time. He taught me what it really means to love and forgive. He showed me my flaws and is helping me fix them. He is guiding me toward my destination: heaven. He gave me worth. He loved me first. He saved me!

Who is Jesus to you? The video below pretty much sums it all up:)


Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?"...
Mark 8:29

2 comments:

  1. Powerful post!! I love that video. The first time I saw it was in church. It's so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus must be our all. Only He can satisfy, fill, cleanse, purify and sanctify us. He is the ONLY Way, the ONLY Truth and the ONLY Life there is!!!!

    The video is great right? The entire preaching from where this snippet is from powerful!!!

    ReplyDelete

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...