I am always looking for simple recipes that I can make in a pinch. When I found and tried this cookie recipe, I knew I had to share it.
In this recipe, cream cheese and butter team up to create deliciously flaky, tender cookies with just the slightest tang.
1stick (4 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 oz. (1/2 package) cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. flour
1. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar on high speed for three minutes.
2. Add the vanilla, egg yolk and salt and mix at low speed until blended. Mix in flour at low speed until incorporated.
3. Let the dough chill for a bit in the fridge. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with wax paper.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface and using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
optional: sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar
5. Bake the cookies for 10-20 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool.
6. Serve with a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy!
If you want to get that cute little circular shape I got, just use the cap of a three-liter soda bottle.