Friday, March 16, 2012

An Interview With Friends~ Trinka {Amazing Love}

Throughout my blogging experience, I've had the pleasure of getting to know many godly young ladies. Their blogger profiles only give a glimpse into their lives and barely scratch the surface in describing their personalities. What better way to get to know these young ladies than to host an interview. During the next few weeks I will share with you interviews I've had with a few of my favorite blog authors.



Without further ado here is the interview I had with Trinka over at {Amazing Love}

Can you tell us a little bit about your self? 
Well, I'm a girl saved by the grace of God and through faith in His son Jesus Christ. I'm somewhere in my teenage years and I'm home schooled... I love it! ;) I am constantly learning more about my Savior as well as growing to be more like Him. I love my family and the awkward/random moments we have.

I have the privileged of my dad being a youth pastor...he's always teaching my siblings and me! :)

Which Bible character is your favorite? 
{not counting Jesus? :)} OK, well this is always changing, but I'll give you three :) David {an adulterer}, Paul {a murderer}, and Rahab {a prostitute}. They are perfect examples of God's forgiveness, grace, love, and mercy!

What's your favorite bible citation? 
1 John 3:16-18! We know what real love is because Jesus gave up his life for us. So we also ought to give up our lives for our brothers and sisters. If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person? Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.

When did you begin blogging? 
Ah... {and I'm going to my dashboard right now because I don't remember!} End of June, 2011! :)

What are the 3 blogs you read most often? 
{excluding yours, of course!} Everyday Emma, I'm a Jesus Chick, and Scribbles, Scripts, and Such {that was so hard for me to choose, but they are the ones I read most often!}

What are your 3 favorite books? 
Not including the Bible? Ella Enchanted {loved that book when I was younger and still do!} The Lauren Holbrook Series {well, that's three, but...just count it as one!} and Motorcycles, Sushi, and One Strange Book

What genre(s) of books do you prefer? 
fiction... clean romance, clean chick-lit, clean {are you seeing a pattern here?} fantasy :)

What are your 3 favorite movies? 
Oh dear, this is really hard to choose! But here goes: The Incredibles, Beauty and the Beast, and Facing the Giants {ftw!}

Who do you most admire in your family? 
My grandma! :) She is a definite prayer warrior, she can cook, bake, decorate cakes, and crochet {that is to say that she can. Not that she does anymore...well, she cooks :) } She is super talented and always encourages me!

Do you have a funny story you'd like to share? 
YES! Okay, so, a couple days before Christmas, my brother and I were shopping at the mall for gifts. We walked past one of those kiosk things {you know, where the person working there comes and talks you into buying whatever contraption they're selling.} And this Israeli guy {and I'm seriously just guessing at his nationality...he could've been Mexican!} came up to us with the usual "Hello! You look like you need what I'm selling..." And that whole spiel. I tried to drag my brother away before we got stuck there for ten minutes. But, my brother {being the big ol' manly man he is, he rarely goes to the mall} didn't know this little bit of wisdom. So, when he stopped his little speech, {he was selling nail care kits.} He tried to "sample" it on my hand, but I wouldn't let him. So, he did my brother's :) When he was done...my brothers thumb nail was all smooth and shiny. He {my brother} was horrified. {hehe} He was like, "So, who should I make this out to? Is this your girlfriend? You're lucky, she's a real catch!" Seriously :) We then set him straight and politely excused ourselves. {oh, but don't worry, we were polite!} Now I kinda want to know him...

So maybe it's not that funny, but I tease my brother about it all the time ;)

What are a few things that no one knows about you? 
In the blogging world: My real name :)

What is your favorite thing to do on rainy mornings? 
When I don't have school, sit and read!

In three words, how would you describe yourself? 
smiley, creative, forgiven

How would you describe your fashion style? Umm...what fashion style? Just kidding... {no I'm not!!!} I usually just wear a nice-ish fitted t-shirt and a pair of jeans...

What is your absolute favorite color? 
Well, it used to be pink, but I'm lovin' dark purple right now :)

What are some of your hobbies, or things to do in your spare time? I like to knit, crochet, read, bake cookies, and I actually like to make dinner for my family ! :)

Trinka's blog is one of my favorites. Be sure to go on over and check it out:)

A great interview in my opinion. I look forward to getting to know the rest of my new blogger "friends".

4 comments:

  1. And thank you for interviewing me!!! {what was that, the third time I've said that? ;)} I'm glad you like my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice getting to know you Trinka;) and I also enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats was really cool!! I love interviews:-)

    Hope u have a good day!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interview, Trinka. It was really nice getting now you better. LOL about your brother. ;D

    ♥Godsgirlz1♥

    ReplyDelete

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...