Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book Review: Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn (Hope Beach, #1)About the Book:
Inheriting a beautiful old hotel on the seaward shore of Hope Island could be a dream come true for Libby. The inn cries out for her restorer's talent and love of history. She's delighted to learn of family she never knew she had. And the handsome Coast Guard lieutenant she's met there on the island could definitely be the man of her dreams.

But Libby soon realizes that only way she can afford the upkeep on the inn is to sell it to developers who are stalking the island. The father who willed her the inn has died before she could meet him, and her newfound brothers and sisters are convinced she's there to steal their birthright. Worst of all, her best friend and business partner has been kidnapped before her eyes, Libby's under suspicion for the crime, and her handsome lieutenant clearly doubts her innocence.

Libby's dream-come-true is becoming a nightmare. Can she find her friend and establish her innocence? Must she sell Tidewater Inn and lose her family again? Or can she find a home for her heart on the beautiful shores of Hope Island?

My Review:
I loved that this book immediately drew me in. It immediately piques the readers interest with heart pounding suspense. I was completely immersed in the plot which contained storm-invoking drama and action that held my attention until the very last word. 

I thought that the messages Colleen wanted readers to capture such as forgiveness and redemption were clear and well spaced, without being over powering. Libby's spiritual journey was touching as well.

As I read a book, the character's traits is something that I try to pay close attention to. Libby, Alec and the peripheral characters were all believable and relatable. My favorite moment of the book was when Libby began to contemplate, "WWJD?" What Would Jesus Do? in areas of her life. Like every human, Libby failed, but she mentally acknowledged her failures and confessed them to the pages of a notebook.

The plot, characters and cover were all great, but the book held one or shortcoming. As I read, I couldn't find a reasonable explanation as to why Nicole, Libby's business partner, was kidnapped. I really don't like untied strings in a book and that flaw deducts from my experience. I almost didn't notice it until I finished the book because the spiritual journeys captured my attention. Also, the language used in the romance parts was  a bit outdated.

If your looking for a book with emotion, suspense and a dash of historical element or just a good, ol' fashion love story, don't hesitate to read Tidewater Inn. It will keep your interest high. I'd rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...