Saturday, October 20, 2012

Organized: A Start

I'll admit it: Getting and staying organized is hard sometimes. Pretty calendars and neat lists sound exciting and those alone keep me going for a few days but then what?

I've made a three-columned list that helps me take organizing one day at a time.
I laminated my list so that each day, I can write down my tasks (in dry erase marker) and erase them the next day and start all over again.

How do I categorize and prioritize between the three columns?

The must do column is pretty self-explanatory. Here I write down the tasks that I must complete for the day such as homeschooling, Bible reading and such.

The should do column is comprised of the things that, if I have extra time, I should do (to get a head start on the next day's must do list.) It is not mandatory to do the things on this list.

The can do list is a free time list. If I complete my must do tasks, I can indulge in using my iPod or some other extra privilege.

So far, this method has helped me manage my time better. Before, the day would go by and I didn't have time to fully complete my important tasks with excellence. Now, I prioritize and everything gets done.

How do your stay organized? What method(s) help you? I'll take all the help I can get:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...