Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things ~ Books

We all have a favorite book. You know, the one you can read over and over again without growing tired of the plot. The one where the spine is cracking and the pages are wrinkled and yellowed after much use. I have a few of those books. (I am trying to preserve them and keep them as wrinkle-free as possible)

One of my  favorite book series so far is the Shiloh Legacy:

These books take place in the historical era of World War I. One of my favorite genres right now is historical fiction, so these were a pleasurable read. I really loved the first and third books:)


The Rose Trilogy is another series of books that I cherish and hope to preserve. I love the covers of these novels and the words within them are all extremely interesting and captivating. I have read a few Amish novels and can say that none of them measure up to Beverly Lewis' work! I hope to add more of her writings to my rapidly growing library.


These books here miscellaneous, meaning that they are not part of a series. None the less, I have greatly enjoyed reading them. Each plot is special in it's own way. The second book here is written in present day and the first and third books are historical fiction. 

Books are timeless. Yes, tablets and iPads have taken the place thousands of books, but I could never get used to "fake flipping" the pages on a tablet. I love the smell of a new (or  old) book. The way it feels in my hand, the way it slips into my purse, the way my bookmark rests in its pages... a tablet can never replace that feeling of my favorite books.

If you'd like to read my reviews on a few of my favorite books click here or select one that interests you.

What are a few of your favorite books? I"d love to hear about them.

4 comments:

  1. The life of faith Elsie Dinsmore series is something I could read over and over and over! They're so uplifting, and Elsie sets a wonderful example... reading her bible every day, praying, quoting verses... those books are full of it! I could read Elsie's True Love and Elsie's Tender Mercies all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following your blog. Will you follow mine? I am part of Breathings of Your Heart.

    professionallynot-so-professional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm the 50th follower! I wanted to make my joining worthwhile- that's why I haven't joined till now:)

    And I'm sure you've heard many times which books are my favorite so...:P

    @Kathryn: I enjoyed the Elsie Dinsmore books too! I have almost all 28 of the original Elsie classics. I could read the first 4 books especially over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've joined:) Yes, that's the benefit of knowing you and Ali in real life, we talk about our favorite books.

      Delete

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...