Saturday, June 23, 2012

Counting My Blessings

for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Philippians 2:13

I've  had a blessed week indeed!

When we were shivering in the cold of winter season, I wished that summer would come soon. I wanted to wear sandals and flowy skirts without having to worry if I had enough sweaters, shirts and socks to keep warm. Now summer is upon us and temperatures have soared. (100 degrees or more!) I am enjoying the warm weather and it's benefits. (No homeschooling:)

On Saturday, we went to another craft fair. (click here to see photos from the first fair) It was a blast! We sold out of so many items and I was able to see God's hand in the midst of those sales. 
The layout of our table was similar to last time, which was good because many people 
recognized us and our products.


There was a raffle and the prize was $25 worth of Mary Kay products. Guess who won? Me!

These little post it note key chains were a hit with the little girls.

On Wednesday, the heat was nearly unbearable! We had to turn on the air conditioner! Earlier in the day we went thrifting! I scored some great finds including Janette Oake books and Lori Wick books.

instagram photo : kianna_rose
In the evening, I went to church to practice for the service that the children direct. 

My mom cooked a delicious meal on Thursday. (She cooks delicious meals everyday)

Yesterday, my mom took us girls to the beach. I had so much fun, even though I didn't swim (I don't know how to swim...) I even collected a few beautiful sea shells. 

"Swimming" 

Today, my grandmother is going to make an Ecuadorian specialty for dinner. 

What did you do this week? How are you dealing with the summer heat? For great tips on staying busy and cool this summer, read my summer series every Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. I want to go to a craft fair!:) and that last picture there...just really makes me think of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love summer. =)
    I agree with Emma...we need a craft fair here! I also LOVE swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments, dear! They mean so much! =) <3, Lil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the craft fair especially being able to witness of the love of Jesus to some of the people who stopped by our table.

    Didn't grandma's soup turn out delicious? I really enjoyed it..especially for dinner the next night. :)

    ReplyDelete

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...