Saturday, June 30, 2012

Counting My Blessings

...blessed are those who hear the word of God, and observe it.
Luke 11:28b

What a bust week I've had! Church, reading, chores and errands kept me busy as a bee, but I enjoyed it.

On Tuesday, I helped my mother look after the toddlers of our church during the prayer service. The little ones are learning the story of Jonah. Almost everyday, my little sister tells me the story like this, "The LORD prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah." She is learning so much so quickly. I thank God for blessing my with such a sweet sister. She always puts a smile on my face... even when she's doing something mischievous:)

As many of you know, I am homeschooled, but I wasn't always homeschooled. On Wednesday, we took the car to get registered and my old elementary school is right across the street. My mom decided that I could go visit my teachers from the previous years. What fun that was! They were all surprised to see me and I was glad to see them! I haven't been to that school since I graduated in 6th grade (I'm going to 10th grade) and so much has changed. I even found out that the principal retired.

instagram photo : kianna_rose
After the visit to "my school" I went to a book discussion at my local library. I admit, I was nervous. All types of thoughts whirled through my head. "What if no one shows up?" That was the case... only me and the librarian participated, but it was so much fun. We talked about books and I found out that we both like to read:)

Within a week, I have received six books from the companies I review for. I am so excited to read them and hope to have the review up soon!

I also went to a garage sale and found a few wonderful items.

instagram photo : kianna_rose

After getting our new camera, I have taken so many photographs. Here are a few recent photos I've taken:


How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I love vintage cameras. And I love your pictures of the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true,and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." PhilIppians 4:8

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely note. I am really glad that your here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...